Ok well its been a while since I posted anything about the theoretical mmo .. Strangelands. But fear not loyal readers er reader, it might not seem like we have been discussing it that much, but infact everything we have discussed has had a point and I thought today, I would reveal just how far we have come in the design process …
So here is the update … and in no particular order
- We need innovative game systems but not to ‘out there’ that people feel out of there depth or unable to connect to the game.
- Pvp has to be an integral part of the game and designed inconjunction with pve and implemented in such a way that it has a point with the option, for those of us who do not like pvp to be able to contribute to the pvp action through pve in a meanigful way.
- Multigenre setting where the character is the focal point of the game.
- In depth and fully customizable character generator. Allowing the player to connect to the avatar in a personal way not jsut at character generation but through out game play.
- Environments need to reflect the story and play a integral role in defining your place in the game.
- Questing needs to be scaleable to group size, engaging with alternative avenues to resolve the issue. Non static quest givers. Quests need to build upon the story in a meaningful way. No fed ex unless introducing you to another area. Decisions you make determine your destiny.
- Crafting / harvesting needs to be non tedious time sink and designed to be enjoyable and meaningful
- Target audience would be the more mature gamers as few games aimed specifically at that niche market
- Death needs to be less penalty to the player and more of an engaging experience
- First two hours of gameplay should introduce you to the story and the basic levels of game play in the most spactacular way. Building a bond between you, your avatar and the environment you are playing in. We want you to care about the story and your avatars place with in the story.
So far that is it, not a bad start and I do appreciate everyone who has commented on my threads. Your input is shaping this theoretical game. If you have any comments or additions you felt i missed or you think should be added to the list please feel free …